Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A cosy dinner at Crackerjack



After working up an appetite wandering the 'Love your locals' market in Seaford my best friend and I decided to pop into Crackerjack for a late dinner.


We were very impressed with the new menu featuring some winter comfort food favourites.  We sipped on a glass of red, Shadowfax shiraz for her and I can't go past my favourite Foxeys pinot noir, whilst deciding on our dinner choices.

Golden Crumbed Brie with quince paste, micro salad and grissini sticks

We shared an entree of the golden crumbed brie. The creaminess of the cheese was perfectly complimented my sweet quince paste, fresh herb grissini sticks, that are made in house, and a touch of sour lemon to cut through the richness.  We absolutely loved this dish!!

Sesame prawns with coconut and lime sauce and a cucumber salad

For our main I ordered the pork and my bestie ordered the Coconut salad from the specials board.  

The perfectly cooked crispy sesame prawns tasted amazing with the coconut lime sauce, two of my favourite flavours together, and the fresh raw beetroot addition to the salad was spot on, this would be a great dish to enjoy out on the deck overlooking the ocean on a warm summers day...  or just settle for inside with the heater on until summer comes around once again!!

Apple branded gammon steak
'Tender pork in cider glaze with pineapple salsa, gruyere fondue and crispy potato'

I loved the flavour combo of my pork dish, rich salty pork, creamy cheese, sweet pineapple, crispy potatoes with a squeeze of fresh lemon.  A real hearty winter dish with the freshness of the pineapple and lemon to cut through the richness.

Until next time fellow foodies..

Cassie
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment